All foods are not created equal!
Below are ten power packed foods designed to give you energy, vitality and all around good health! Try these super foods to get started on the right foot.
1. Beans – Beans of all kinds (kidney, navy, lentils, chickpeas, Northern) are high in plant protein and low in fat, carbs and calories. If fiber is a problem in your diet, eating a healthy portion of beans each day can keep your digestive system healthy.
2. Oatmeal – Oatmeal is a filling grain that also provides much needed fiber to keep hunger at bay and your blood sugar constant.
3. Fruits – Fruits are filled with antioxidants such as Vitamin C and A. Antioxidants fight free radical damage in the body and reduce the risk of cancer. The antioxidants in fruit boost the immune system to fight the effects of aging in the body.
4. Allium foods – This class of foods includes garlic, onions, leeks and shallots. Allium vegetables help guard the body against the risk of cancer and many other ailments and some are known for lowering cholesterol. They also help lower blood pressure and prevent blood clots. Eating these power packed vegetables in their natural state especially garlic increases their health benefits.
5. Salmon – Salmon is rich in protein and in omega-3 fatty acids which reduces the risk of heart disease and other conditions. Wild salmon is a fatty fish but it contains good fats proven to improve health in children and adults.
6. Flax seed – Like salmon it contains omega-3 fatty acids. These seeds also contain omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids. You get a lot of power to fight high cholesterol, heart disease and diabetes with this seed.
7. Peppers – Peppers contain antioxidants like beta-carotene and Vitamin C. Peppers range from mild and sweet to so hot you’ll be calling the fire department. All peppers contain a substance called capsaicin. Capsaicin has the properties of an anti-inflammatory, a pain reliever, lowers cancer risk and heart disease.
8. Nuts and seeds – Nuts are high in fat but those fats are the good kind. Peanuts, almonds, Brazil nuts, walnuts and pistachios are all providers of good fats and protein. Nuts help to lower cholesterol. Eat them right out of the shell with no additives.
9. Açai – This berry has become the media darling of the health and food industry as of late. It is rich in antioxidants and increases energy. You can get more done and look better while doing it.
10. Yogurt – The fat free variety is good for you. Yogurt contains calcium, Vitamin B, and protein. If you don’t drink milk, yogurt is an alternative to get your calcium in to build strong bones and teeth. Live yogurt also contains friendly bacteria to help promote a healthy digestive system.
Okay so perhaps you won’t grow rich from eating a healthier diet. However, building a better healthier body begins with what you eat and if you are choosing and eating the right foods perhaps one day you will wake up and find yourself on the cover of a magazine, your quality of your life improved as well as your life expectancy, therefore giving you more time to work on becoming rich, So maybe you can Eat and Grow Rich. There is only one way to find out. How about oat crusted salmon with a fennel and leek white bean stew for dinner?